Tuesday, August 13, 2013

UNWANTED LINKS BANISHED

If I accomplish nothing else today, I succeeded in removing unwanted links from my blog description.  I don't know if the outside world could see the links, but I could, and I found them annoying.  After an online inquiry and reading several complicated suggestions for removing the links and trying a few without success, I found the solution was right there on my blog.  A big thank you to whoever provided the fix - presumably some kind person at Blogger.

UPDATE: Now I have a an unwanted panel with links that pops up on my left sidebar, and the unwanted links are back.

UPDATE 2: The unwanted links came from a program called WebCake, which I uninstalled.  I have no idea how the program was installed on my computer.   

4 comments:

  1. Um, where's your blog description? I've never seen any peculiar links on your blog, but I don't see a description, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right under the title. "Faith is not...." The links may have been visible only to me, like the little edit icons, but I don't get paid for ads, so the links should not be there at all.

      Delete
  2. Never seen any ads there, myself; wonder why they appeared on your blog, and never on mine? Who knows the intricacies of all this high-tech stuff.

    BTW - apropos an exchange we had a few weeks ago: it seems Kate and Will have wised up about getting a nanny to help with the baby:

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-prince-william-ask-2150632

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew the royal parents would have to get help with royal baby George.

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.