Monday, December 14, 2015

DONALD TRUMP'S SONG TO HIMSELF


Photo by Gage Skidmore

HOW GREAT I AM
(To the tune of How Great Thou Art)

O Donald Trump, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds my hands have made;
I see the tower, I hear the jangling quarters,
My power throughout this earth of ours displayed.

CHORUS:

Then sings my soul, O Donald Trump, to me,
How great I am, how great I am.
Then sings my soul, O Donald Trump, to me,
How great I am, how great I am!

And when I think of me my time not sparing;
I choose to run, I scarce can take it in;
That on the stump, my burden gladly bearing,
I lie and shout my way to score a win.

REPEAT CHORUS

When I shall come with shouts of acclamation
As nominee, what joy shall fill my heart!
The right will bow with humble resignation,
And there proclaim, "O Trump, how great Thou art!"

REPEAT CHORUS

Alternative lyrics for the hymn by me, with apologies to Carl Gustav Boberg (1859–1940).

5 comments:

  1. Oh, yes ... yes, and yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, June. So well done it hurt my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Marthe and Susan. The alternative lyrics came easy, because, in the peon to Trump's self, so many of the words did not need to be changed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA. Absolutely brilliant, June - and so true! I've linked to this from today's blog post at the BT.

    You really should find a musical friend to make a YouTube vid of this song. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.