Thursday, February 18, 2016

ABOUT THE DEATH OF JUSTICE ANTONIN SCALIA

One of my "wicked" Facebook friends said:
De mortuis nil nisi bonum.
Of the dead, speak only good.
Antonin Scalia is dead.
Good.
And wicked me, how did I respond? I laughed.

After my first reflexive thought that I was relieved Scalia was dead, I collected myself and wrote the following on my Facebook page:
What I think and what I feel about the death of Justice Scalia is not entirely within my control, but what I say publicly is. My private and now my public prayer: May Antonin Scalia rest in peace. May God give comfort and consolation to all who love him.
My statement after I collected myself was genuine, as was my first thought and my spontaneous laughter at my friend's post. Sometimes we just do the best we can.

4 comments:

  1. Feel compassion for Justice Scalia's loved ones (inc Our RBG). I wish Scalia had felt more compassion from his exalted bench, but then again, we ALL need more compassion. RIP.*

    * Is "P" peace? Or purgatory? Answer is above MY paygrade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I entered a comment yesterday and it disappeared...ppof, this is only a test to see if I repoof or not. Abrazos, Len

      Delete
    2. Len, I checked my spam folder, and your comment is not there. I don't know why people have difficulty commenting on Blogger, but it happens from time to time. As you see, this comment came through. I have the most trouble on WordPress, where my comments go into spam.

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.