Saturday, August 25, 2007

Rising Tide Conference 2

I will be gone most of today to the Rising Tide Conference 2 for talks, panel discussion groups, and general information on the recovery in New Orleans from Katrina and the flood. I'll be meeting up again with Scout Prime from First Draft and the New Orleans bloggers who have doing such a great job of filling us in on the local scene - what's happening and what's not happening and should be happening in the recovery, and giving us the inside skinny on our corrupt politicians. I'll probably say more about it when I return.

Have a great Saturday!

8 comments:

  1. A Day of Presence

    Massive demonstration on August 29 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

    Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans

    Mimi, will you be going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great time - it is really great that all of you are keeping this issue on the national stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mimi, do report on this on-blog once you are back, when you have a chance. (No rush, I'm not your editor.) And thanks for letting us know you are going. Cynthia, thanks too. And Dennis, the local wine place here has a new South African cabernet on the list which I tried yesterday (they have it by the glass) and which is excellent, but I forgot to write down the name. I'll track it down sometime. Which reminds me I haven't had time to visit your blog in a while with the beginning of school. I'm headed there now. :-)

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia, I did not know about this demonstration. I may have my grandchildren that afternoon as they get out of school early that day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds like a great conference, grass roots activism and solidarity. I'm glad people are keeping at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The witness of a grandmere caring for her grandchildren is a very important one.

    It's ironic that the object of desire to demonstrate impedes the way to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to write about my impression of the conference, but my memory of it is a muddle and pretty incoherent as of this moment. I'm making random, jumbled notes in an effort to get a handle on what I want to say.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.