Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Graces from "Barefoot And Laughing"

Kirstin at Barefoot And Laughing has a lovely post on her work in New Orleans doing interviews for the Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana.

I’m doing research for EDOLA staff who’s writing a book, one aspect of which is graces in the storm. There have been so many graces in my own life, here. I’ve been given so many unexpected gifts: all at some cost, but which have grown me in ways I won’t understand for a long time.

God bless Kirstin. She even counts among the graces the fact that we gave her whiplash.

Mimi’s been amazing; she checks in with me pretty much daily, to see how I am. I’m just thankful that neither of them were hurt. 2 ½ months of neurological weirdness, I can handle. They’re both older; I’ll heal much faster than they would.

I'll tell you who's been amazing. Kirstin has been amazingly kind and generous. She's a living saint.

Please do read the rest of her very fine post. And pray for quick healing of her injury.

13 comments:

  1. De nada, Kirstin. I owe you bigtime. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirstin - doing the good work in a great place.

    Peace and blessings to you! And to you too dear Grandmere and Grandpere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not in any spiritual sense, you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The standards for sainthood have been lowered again, I see. Next thing you know, we'll all qualify and then what?

    (It was a joy to see her blogging again.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And then, silly, the Kindom of God will be here. :-)

    (It's always a joy, to be given a hard time by you.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Reign of God will upset no end of applecarts and probably startle a great many horses as well. The swamp ladies are clearly stirring up trouble again and heaven only knows where it will all end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nah, I'm more scared of Grandpere.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. Grandpère can't blame the accident on the Rapture, because he's still here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whiplash??? That's it. I can never travel again. Too many crazy things happened while I was gone, and I was only gone for five days.

    Now will you all be careful out there? Don't make me stop this internet and turn around and smack you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PJ, Grandpère and I bestow our graces freely. Try to keep up, dear, and do watch for the driverless cars.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.