Friday, February 15, 2008

Padre Mickey, This One Is For You



From the comments:

Blogger Padre Mickey said...

I like the photos of the flowers. As far as the second shot is concerned, you should have included a telephone in the photo. Then you could sing "put your tulips a little closer to the phone."


For you, Padre:

Put your tulips a little closer to the phone
Just pretend that we're together all alone
Tell the man to turn the juke box way down low
You can tell your friend there with you, she'll have to go


Sorry, Lovely Mona, but Padre started this. And no one tell Grandpère, please.

8 comments:

  1. Muchisimas gracias, mi amor Abuelita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my- what am I witnessing here????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, are you old enough to remember the C&W song? Apparently El Padre is, and I, most surely, am. As I said, he started it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm shocked. And you a respected grandmere and him a priest and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not shocked at all. Let's keep spreading the romance around! Love makes the blogosphere go round, keeps them intertubes resonating properly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saint Pat, it is scandalous, but it is love. Can there be too much love in the world? When one grows old, one is permitted liberties that are forbidden to the young.

    Mary Clara, that's exactly right. Keep dem tubes resonatin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The love that dare not speak its very name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fran, I once wrote him a billet-doux in his comments, not realizing that he was out of town. To my great surprise, the Lovely Mona answered me and told me that I'd have to take my place in line behind all the other ladies who loved him. What a shock!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.