Saturday, February 16, 2008

Gov. Bobby Jindal Watch - Four

I was gonna do it, but why do it, when I can steal from others who have done it better?

Oyster has given us his take on the story of Jindal's chief of staff, Timmy Teepell, and the free tickets to the Hannah Montana concert. As to when that squeaky-clean, no-perks-accepted, we-will-give-the-example administration of Gov. Clean will begin to function, the Big O says, "All in good time, I guess."

And then from C. B. Forgotston:

As I read of Governor Jindal’s actions and his reaction to the lege’s reaction to his proposed “gold standard” of ethics in Louisiana, the more I understand that Jindal is just another Louisiana politician. (My bolding)

Could it be? I think it be. Forgotston goes on:

The more I watch the pragmatic Jindal at work the more I come to the conclusion that even when it comes to writing laws (not even enforcing them), the “gold standard” is quickly becoming the “aluminium standard.” It’s light-weight and flexible.

Gov. Clean dared us to watch him run a squeaky-clean operation, and we are watching, Gov. Clean; we are watching.

4 comments:

  1. Lead standard, more like - easily manipulated and toxic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lapin, the metaphors crowd the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't figure out if Jindal believes the crap that he says or if he is just Machiavellian enough to say that stuff to win support.

    Either answer to the question is scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dennis, before the election, I heard many folks express great hope that Jindal will save Louisiana. I'd tell them, "Wait and see. He won't measure up." He's beginning to look more like either a buffoon, or, as you say, a Machiavellian operator each day that passes. He was a Rhodes Scholar, but he doesn't seem all that smart to me. He can reel off numbers and statistics at a rapid rate, but is otherwise unimpressive when he speaks.

    He's only been in office a short while, and he's already a joke, which is hardly a good sign.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.