Monday, January 11, 2010

ISN'T SHE A BEAUTY?



Izzie and Amelia are even more delightful in real life than online. Izzie is every inch the little queen reclining on the red brocade hassock. She chose the seat all on her own as she knew that the colors would set off her coat, which is not in full luxuriant growth because of shaving associated with her recent surgery. Izzie walks quite well and did a pretty good job of negotiating the stairs in our house.

Let's see. Izzie had a companion with her. Oh right! That would be poor Amelia, who was forced somewhat into the shadows due to our excitement about the presence of the celebrity canine blogger, Izzie.

Just kidding, Amelia was as much of a joy to have for a visit as her more famous companion. We settled all the controversies in the Episcopal Church and the Anglican Communion. We'll write up our conclusions in a series of scholarly papers, which we will submit for peer review, but we already know that you will respond properly. If you find the papers so brilliant that you are at a loss for words, I suggest:

Great!
Perfect!
Brilliant (of course)!
You knocked it out of the ball park!
Awesome!

You get the drift.




Here we are, the three of us. If this is a beauty contest, Izzie wins; Amelia is a close second; and Mimi drags up in the rear.

Amelia, but not Izzie, attended church with me, and my fellow parishioners were much impressed with my priest friend from Maine and a little puzzled when I told them that we met online. After church, we picked up Grandpère to go to Houma to eat at Café Milano.

We had spinach-artichoke dip with buttered French toasted bread as an appetizer, the house green salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing, and oysters with artichoke over pasta in a garlic cream sauce, all delicious dishes.

I'm in awe of Amelia and Izzie driving all over the country, just the two of them. I believe that plucky and energetic Amelia does most of the driving.



Izzie, once more with feeling, with poor Amelia not just in the shadows, but with her face and most of the rest of her entirely cropped out of the picture to get a close-up of Queen Izzie.

A good time was had by Grandpère and me. I hope that Izzie and Amelia passed a good time.

17 comments:

  1. How wonderful. I so hope I can meet Izzie and Amelia in October. Sadly do not think a third visit to New Orleans is warranted yet,so much to see in this world, perhaps Mimi can come north. Wouldn't that be grand.
    Oops the removalists are coming in 2 to 3 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Izzie is some pup!

    Glad you had a good time and I can hardly wait for the paper to come out on the solving of all our problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! --but if you two write the papers, who will parse them for us?! No, it won't do at all.... you must publish them with a reader's digest version. Please!

    Ha --my word thang: nitypoid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great report on the visit of Amelia and the famous church blog dog, Izzie! I have been waiting all day for this and I wasn't disappointed. I anxiously await the scholarly papers. i am awarding an A+ in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you get to meet Izzie and Amelia. As for New Orleans, perhaps another time.

    Susan we had a wonderful time. Izzie and Amelia are lovely guests.

    Margaret the Nitypoid will be my new pet name for you, m'dear.

    Whiteycat, I knew that I couldn't get the pictures and post up fast enough for you. Izzie is a dear. GP and I both fell in love with her. Of course, we love Amelia, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to see this post! I've been curious since Amelia said she would be visiting you. And we went forever without any word from either of you.

    Hope I get to meet Amelia someday. Grateful I got to have supper with you in New York. Seems so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Izzie looks like she is truly a queen and at home on your lovely ottoman!

    I have to admit though that you always make my mouth water with your descriptions of the glorious food you get when you go out! The oysters with artichoke over pasta in a garlic cream sauce sounds way too luscious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brian, the first comment up there was meant for you. Sorry I left out your name.

    Piskie, I was busy being a host. I couldn't hang about the computer with guests here. I did tell Amelia The Story.

    The get together in NYC seems ages ago.

    Ciss, your mouth should water. The oysters, artichoke, pasta dish was out of this world. My mouth waters when I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now, Grandmère, you do not come in third.

    BTW, what is that wonderful icon on the table behind you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Caminante. You're so kind.

    I'm so glad you asked about the icon. Luis Coelho wrote it for me. You can see a picture of it on my sidebar, "Lady Enthroned". Isn't it lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely to see all those photos! When you've finished writing up your scholarly papers, maybe you could also publish the pasta recipe?
    We could call it "pasta alla Izzie" if it doesn't already have another name?

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...maybe you could also publish the pasta recipe?

    Erika, I didn't prepare the dish. I only consumed it and told of the ingredients that I could see and taste. I could try though, and I don't believe that the dish would be all that difficult to prepare. I may do it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos, and it sounds as if you all had a wonderful time!

    I love it when cyber friends meet in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had a wonderful visit. I always referred to Izzie as a princess, but she's been elevated in rank. The oyster spaghetti and all rest of the food described was wonderful and the company fun. Grandmere and Grandpere were wonderful hosts and I'm so delighted to have met the charming Mimi. We did settle all of the thorny issues of the day and talked and talked.

    The drive from Louisiana to Florida was a long one. I arrived after 9 at night after deciding I really didn't need to stop just 3 hours away so I did no blogging at all yesterday and today I've been struggling to stay on line because of a weak signal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Padre, when will I get to meet you and the Lovely Mona and Chompita Wiggletail?

    Ah, Amelia, that was a long, hard drive. I'm glad that you and Izzie made it safely. We loved having you, and we must meet again.

    Yes, Izzie's been crowned Queen of Celebrity Canine Bloggers, and you are her first lady in waiting. I expect that your duties will be pretty much the same as when Izzie was a princess.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A few days ago I saw on FB that dearest Amelia was heading south... To you, no less. I am glad for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Göran, GP and I had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.