Thursday, March 31, 2011

MAYBE LATER

Well! Thus far today, I've had little time to blog. After a morning routine doctor visit, Grandpère and I will head out in a half hour or so to the book fair at our grandson's school. GP wanted to go out to lunch, but I said, "No." I need down time between events.

At least today's doctor visit did not put me out of commission for the rest of the day, as did my Tuesday visit to the dentist. Seriously, I believe the novocaine went to my brain, because I slept 4 hours Tuesday afternoon, I slept all night, and I was still sleepy yesterday. Today I'm feeling more like my usual low-energy self.

4 comments:

  1. I think all anesthesia affects the brain. After major anesthetic- I can't even follow the plot in a TV program and forget reading - the words won't stay lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently the older one gets, the more it affects the brain. And Mimi, stress or distress(over even the possibility of a root canal) can also induce sleep. I've seen it happen to babies in stressful situations, after a good cry of course, which could be the equivalent to your "Oh Shit!" reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, susan, right about now, I want a nap, and I never nap during the day. The effects of the anesthesia may still be lingering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it takes a few days to completely go away.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.