Tuesday, April 17, 2012

KASPERSKY HELP!

I renewed my Kaspersky Anti-Virus on my desktop last month, but the credit card charge did not go through, and they notified me a few days ago, one month later.  I've used the credit card successfully at other vendors several times with no problems, but yesterday I renewed the service once again with a different card.  I forgot to remove the old expired version of Kaspersky from my computer, so the download did not complete.  My fault.

I removed the old version and tried every way I knew to find the button to attempt the download again with no success.  I contacted customer service several times.  I received a response telling me they had my email and would be in touch, but I've heard nothing, nada, rien du tout since night before last.  So, I've paid for the virus protection, but it is not functioning.  Thank goodness I ordered the CD version, which should arrive in the mail shortly, because I don't know where I'd turn next. with such unresponsive and unhelpful customer service.

Hey, Kaspersky!  You can do better.  Next time I'll buy another anti-virus. 

6 comments:

  1. Grandmere Mimi--If you are in the market for a different anti-virus program I recommend McAfee. And, they have good on-line tech support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, I've already paid for the Kaspersky program and the CD is on the way. I had McAfee and did not like it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul(A.) What is AVG? and why do you like it?

    Grandmere Mimi--Sorry to hear you did not like McAfee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A free year's subscription to Kaspersky came with my new computer, and I liked the program up until now. Plus, I've already paid for the renewal. I wrote the post to embarrass the company for their poor customer service. By tomorrow, I should have the CD to do the download.

    I have AVG on my laptop, and it works well, but the program activates features I did not request, some of which slow my computer down. Then I have to search around for how to get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My disk arrived, and the program is installed. Still, I should have been able to get help from Kaspersky's customer service. I leared my lesson about ordering the CD version years ago, so I always do, though it costs more.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.