Wednesday, May 8, 2013

BROKEN LEG

"How did it happen?" the doctor asked the middle-aged farmhand as he set the man's broken leg.

"Well, doc, 25 years ago . . . ."

"Never mind the past. Tell me how you broke your leg this morning."

"Like I was saying, doc, 25 years ago, when I first started working on the farm, that night, right after I'd gone to bed, the farmer's beautiful daughter came into my room.  She asked me if there was anything I wanted.  I said, 'No, everything is fine.'  'Are you sure?' she asked.  'I'm sure,' I said.

'Isn't there anything I can do for you?' she wanted to know.  'I reckon not,' I replied."

"Excuse me," said the doctor, "What does this story have to do with your leg?"

"Well, this morning," the farmhand explained, "when it dawned on me what she meant, I fell off the roof!"


Cheers,

Paul (A.)

Ha ha ha.  I didn't see the punch line coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.