Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Letter Of Regret

I found this in the Baton Rouge Advocate yesterday morning:

Published: Feb 12, 2007

Letter: Critic voices sorrow at Ivins’ death

I was sorry to learn of the passing of Molly Ivins, although I was one of her critics.

I quit criticizing and reading her diatribes against the Republicans after receiving a letter from Mr. Manship saying that he was going to keep publishing them to wake me up in the morning.

Molly became infuriated at George W. Bush when he beat her friend Ann Richards for governor of Texas a number of years ago, and had that in her craw for all those years.

Both she and Ann Richards were noted for their acid tongues and unlimited attacks on any Republicans in the area.
It is ironic that both of them died not too far apart with breast cancer.

T. Med Hogg
transportation consultant
Baton Rouge


Now, I ask you: does this gentleman sound sorry? Is that his real name? Did Molly and Ann get breast cancer from all the acid in their tongues?

I must add that I liked the publisher's reply to Mr. Hogg. Sometimes the best reads in the newspaper are in the letters.

11 comments:

  1. I wonder if he'll get colon cancer from talking out of his ass so much?

    What?! I'm just curious....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, thanks for that. My first LOL moment of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a signature that suggests cartoon characters like Timid Hog or Scared (little) Pig I wonder whether the letter is legitimate.

    Unfortunately, it is a little bit too callous to be truly clever by commenting on the specific circumstances of the deaths of Ms Ivins and Ms Richards. Now, those women were clever and knew hos to deliver a line.

    BJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. BJ, they have published my letters, and there is a verification system in place, but I can't remember how it worked. Used to be that the address was published, but I see that's no longer the case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually don't believe that talking out you ass is the cause of colon cancer...I _never_ talked out of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, I'm praying and hoping for the very best news. Please let me know when you get your results.

    The waiting is terrible, I know. God bless you and give you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I'm feeling a bit touchy, you know?
    I'll be fine on Saturday, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ((((Susan))))) Prayers while you wait for news!

    Sorry if my comment was hurtful to you. I can't imagine that you would ever talk out your ass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, your forgiven, Eileen..normally I wouldn't be so sensitive, but close to scan time I can take offense at anything. So today I am eating meat, eggs, hard cheese,(I love that phrase as it can apply to so many people in the news right now, ha) and green veggies.
    They make this so hard!!! No caffeine allowed. I will be sleepy all day long, dammit.
    It makes me want to talk out of my ass;-)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.