Monday, May 21, 2007

Sunset Through The Trees



Psalm 19

The heavens are telling the glory of God;
and the firmament proclaims his handiwork.
Day to day pours forth speech,
and night to night declares knowledge.
There is no speech, nor are there words;
their voice is not heard;
yet their voice goes out through all the earth,
and their words to the end of the world.



The sunset through the trees signals the end of the day. As the sun dips below the horizon, it bursts forth in one last blast of light showing forth the glory of God.


O God of the night, be with us. Grant us your protection during the dark hours. The night, no less than the day, is yours. Keep us safe from harm and bring us to a new dawn, a new light, in Jesus name. Amen.

8 comments:

  1. Last night, Mimi, God did a miraculous thing. For some reason, I did not go to sleep as planned---so I heard the odd noise my grandmother made just before midnight.

    If I had gone to sleep, she would have died before morning of her diabetes. She was already almost comatose when I found her.

    God brought her to a new dawn, and I am so very, very grateful.

    (Not only did she come through the night---thanks to the wonderful EMTs who pumped her full of glucose---she also got up and made the kids' lunches this morning, just like always...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Doxy! Thanks be to God! She made lunches!

    What an amazing story of the grace of God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my grandmother--a walking piece of grace...who also happens to do laundry and make lunches.

    I love her to pieces...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful -- both of you. Thanks for the meditation, Mimi, and the miracle story, Doxy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doxy: Combined with Mimi's beautiful reflection, that was an *amazing* way for me to end my day. Blessings to you and to both grandmères.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only echo Jane and Ed's comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missy, thanks.

    That's my sunset in the trees taken from behind my house

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.