Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Don't Blame Me, Blame Doug

Recently, while going through an airport during one of his many trips, President Bush encountered a man with long gray hair and beard, wearing a white robe and sandals, holding a staff.
President Bush went up to the man and said, "Has anyone told you that you look like Moses?" The man didn't answer. He just kept staring straight
The president said, "Moses!" in a loud voice. The man just stared ahead, never acknowledging the president.

The president pulled a Secret Service agent aside and, pointing to the robed man, asked him, "Am I crazy or does that man not look like Moses to you? The Secret Service agent looked at the man and agreed.

"Well," said the president, "Every time I say his name, he ignores me and stares straight ahead, refusing to speak. Watch!" Again the president yelled, "Moses!" and again the man ignored him.

The Secret Service agent went up to the man in the white robe and whispered, "You look just like Moses.Are you Moses?"

The man leaned over and whispered back, "Shhhh! Yes, I am Moses. The last time I talked to a bush, I spent 40 years wandering in the desert and ended up leading my people to the only spot in the entire Middle East with no oil."


Easy blogging. Good night.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my -t his is great. I may have to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun...I'm joke-telling impaired, but I might try this on on friends...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know Howard Nemerov's poem "On certain wits"?

    When Moses in Horeb struck the rock,
    And water came forth out of the rock,
    Some of the people were annoyed with Moses
    And said he should have used a fancier stick.

    And when Elijah on Mount Carmel brought the rain,
    Where the prophets of Baal could not bring rain,
    Some of the people said that the rituals of the prophets of Baal,
    Were aesthetically significant, while Elijah's were very plain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, borrow away. I don't think Doug has copyright.

    Diane, you could read it out to them. That sometimes works for the joke-telling impaired.

    Lapin, very good. That's one to file away for use against nit-pickers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all seem in the mood for a laugh today.

    It seems Moses learns from his mistakes - in contrast to Bush.

    A blessed St Lucy's to one and all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woof, woof! We really like this joke. We like your blog, too. Better than some others we know.

    Signed,

    MadPriest's three border collies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mimi- beware of border collies in MadPriest's clothing, that is all I can say.

    Woof it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in the mood for a laugh, Paul. I'm not in the mood for hard-blogging work. I'm feeling soooo lazy after a long, heavy day yesterday.

    Fran, I'll admit that comment spooks me some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. G'mere -- My favorite: Moses is up on the mountain and gets the whole scoop, and then says: "Now let me get this straight. The Arabs get all the oil and we get to cut of the ends of our *****s ???"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susankay, that's an interesting variation on the end of the joke - funny, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this made me lol.

    I'm joke-remembering and telling impaired ... this is one to print off and read. Love it! (Like Susankay's close too)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.