Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bush Should Be There

From the Kentucky Herald-Leader:

MOSUL, Iraq - A suicide car bomber targeted a U.S. patrol Tuesday in Mosul, killing at least one Iraqi and wounding as many as 15, the military and police said, a day after a roadside bomb killed five American soldiers in the increasingly lawless northern city.

At a U.S. base outside Mosul, scores of U.S. troops and an honor guard stood at attention on the airfield tarmac as five coffins of their slain comrades were loaded onto a plane for the journey home.
....

Soldiers refused permission to photograph the ceremony, saying the pain of the sudden loss of five comrades was too great, and that not all the families had been notified.

"President Bush should be out here watching this ramp ceremony to see what it is really like," said one soldier, who asked not to be identified.

"The people who created this war need to be thinking about the families of these 18-year-olds who are dying."


Posted without comment. The soldier said it for me.

8 comments:

  1. Yes. That soldier is absolutely right.

    [Had a nice conversation with my own doctor today. She gave me more Motrin, muscle relaxants, and a referral to PT. Muscle relaxants gave me a very nice nap.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you had a nice nap. Your doctor seems to concur with the docs in NOLA. I'll continue to pray for a quick healing. Take care of yourself, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot--she told me I'd recover completely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...she told me I'd recover completely.

    Thanks be to God!

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kirstin! Glad you're on the road to recovery. Watch those muscle relaxants, though!

    And if Bush was there he'd probably make some inappropriate joke. (I got hurt once! Choked on a pretzel! Fell off my bike! Heh-heh-heh-heh.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PJ, I'm loopy as hell when I take them. It was fun for the first few days...

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.