Friday, February 15, 2008

True Friendship

From my lovely daughter:

Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good,

But never actually come close to reality?

Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.

You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card-

Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.


1. When you are sad -- I will jump on the person who made you sad
like a spider monkey.

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in..

4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much Worse it could be until you quit whining.

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick -- Stay away from me until you are well
Again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsiness.

9. This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask;
'because you are my friend'.


Friendship is like peeing your pants,

everyone can see it,

But only you can feel the true warmth.


Send this to 10 of your closest friends,

Then get depressed because you can only think

of 4.

12 comments:

  1. Do I detect a "pissing" theme going about? (thinking of Elizabeth's video you linked to below).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Klady, could be. I'm in something of a pissy mood today, myself - nothing particular - just general pissiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pissiness is good for the soul, now and then. Me, I'm just sad about the shootings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend, rather of that very sort, from California sent that to me once. It's a hoot. Just glad I didn't pee my pants laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be the February Crankies. Have had a case of 'em myself. The poet was wrong about April being the cruelest month.

    This was a howl.

    Also: (((((((Grandmère Mimi))))))) {non-pissy, non-cranky big Southern hug}

    ReplyDelete
  6. PJ, my daughter does rock. See above post and tulips.

    Paul, I'm glad you didn't get that particular warm feeling.

    Jane, thanks. Grandpère has the February crankies in a big way. I'm thinking that perhaps they are contagious. Love the non-pissy hugs, my friend. Non-pissy, southern hug back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Loved it and sent it along to my own mother. I think she'll enjoy it.

    I've got the February crankies, too. Must be going around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great daughter! Those were fun to read, esp. knowing a daughter sent them to her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzer, the crankies are going around, and so is the flu, because the shot doesn't work for a good many of the viruses circulating.

    Jan, throughout her teenage years, we fought like cats and dogs, but now all is cool between us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mimi:

    Your daughter must be email pals with my sister in Shreveport, who also sent me this, er, poem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. QFC, my hope is to get this sort of thing posted before the entire world has seen it via email. Who knows? Your sister in Shreveport may be on the list. The list is long.

    BTW, I sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.