Monday, April 21, 2008

Let's Celebrate Monday Morning!

My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion and I kept staring at a drunken woman swigging her drink as she sat alone at a nearby table.

My wife asks, "Do you know her?"

"Yes,"' I sighed. "She's my old girlfriend. I understand she started drinking right after we split up those many years ago and I hear she hasn't been sober since."

"My God!" says my wife. "Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?"

So you see, there really are two ways to look at everything....


From Doug.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my... oh my.

    Isn't the mad one back yet? I think he is.

    To add to it, I can't view that one in my firefox browser, it freezes.

    So he must be read through the special lens of safari.

    He always has to set himself apart, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty darn funny.

    Thanks for the Monday morning laugh, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrate Monday Morning! An odd idea...and don't forget whilst you are just thinking about lunch, I have already had 8 hours in this fluourescent hell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TheMe, when will you ever learn? The US is the center of the universe. Why should we care about what time it is "over there" and what you have been suffering through for eight hours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny! Thanks for the lift!

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, TheMe, I am the exceptional US citizen. I do care, love. Much sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TMTIM, Mimi is indeed the exceptional estadounidense. When the rest of us fail to care, she will.

    Heck, I'm sorry about your Monday too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I caught myself just in time. I almost called myself an American.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.