Friday, July 25, 2008

"The Family"

 

That's all of us, except my brother-in-law, who had stepped out for a smoke, and me, the photographer. You can't see Miss Molly, either, only her hair. We ate at Wabash BBQ in Excelsior Springs that night. I'm no great lover of BBQ, but the ribs were the best that I've had in my life. That was the first but not the last time we ate BBQ while we were there. My son loves it. We ate so much meat that it was almost enough to turn me vegetarian. When we're home, we don't eat nearly that much.

The blond is my niece, and I am now her idol, or so she says. I'll tell you why tomorrow.

The picture below is of an old sugar sack from Labadieville, Louisiana, which is right up the bayou from us. Fancy seeing that hanging on a wall in a restaurant way up in Kansas City.

 

3 comments:

  1. Well, your niece will just have to join the club, Mimi.

    Mmmmmm....meat. I'm thinking I need BBQ for lunch today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmmmmmm... good BBQ. Want!

    What a lovely photo Mimi!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doxy love, thanks. I'm BBQed out for a good while. Our last night we had good steaks, which were much more to my liking.

    Fran, thanks. I did a little doctoring with Picasa to brighten it up and take some of the red out - also to crop some of the strangers out of the picture. They may not like being pictured on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.