Tuesday, August 5, 2008

From Elizabeth Kaeton At Telling Secrets

Elizabeth Kaeton at her blog, Telling Secrets, has two extraordinary posts here and here. Elizabeth attended Lambeth as President of the Episcopal Women's Caucus.

Both Elizabeth and Susan Russell raised my hopes about the good that will flow from Lambeth 2008. Credit is due to the Archbishop of Canterbury for the structure of the conference around the retreat, the Daily Bible Study, the plenaries, daily Eucharist, and the indaba groups, which included deep listening with the result that the members actually heard what the others in their group were saying. In addition, within the small indaba groups, the members formed close relationships which will not be lost because of distance once they return home.

I won't attempt to choose excerpts from Elizabeth's posts. I urge you to read them in their entirety.

8 comments:

  1. I've read them already, and I agree with you. Despite my "testiness", I think there is reason for deep hope!

    Merci, Grandmere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I compare That Kaeton Woman's posts with Scripture. You just can't take a quote here or there, you have to read the whole thing!

    One of the reasons I admire her so much is because she continues to challenge me.

    She is totally DA BOMB!! (along with Grandmere, Fran, Susan+, and Eileen, of course ... maybe y'all are different manifestations or incarnations of DA BOMB ... hmmmm..)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have great hope, because of Elizabeth - but I don't want to let the guard down, either!

    Mimi,

    Give how much I despise self-promotion, you'll understand how much I mean it when I say, if you haven't read the letter on my blog, I really would value your input.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed all the Lambeth blogs. It is very interesting being in one of the minority churches in Britain while all this is going on around you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DP, aren't the Roman Catholics giving the Anglicans a run for the majority numbers? Will the RCs then become the established church?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mimi, thank you for the links.

    Elizabeth, thank you for your insights. I am unable to comment directly as anonymous postings are not allowed.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.