Monday, August 11, 2008

Senior Moments Evening Merriment

OLD FRIENDS:

Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades. Over the years, they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures. Lately, their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards. One day, they were playing cards when one looked at the other and said, 'Now don't get mad at me .. I know we've been friends for a long time, but I just can't think of your name! I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me what your name is.'
Her friend glared at her. For at least three minutes she just stared and glared at her. Finally she said, 'How soon do you need to know?'

_______________________________________________________________________

SENIOR DRIVING

As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, 'Herman, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on Interstate 77. Please be careful!'
'Heck,' said Herman, 'It's not just one car. It's hundreds of them!'

_______________________________________________________________________

DRIVING

Two elderly women were out driving in a large car - both could barely see over the dashboard. As they were cruising along, they came to an intersection. The stoplight was red, but they just went on through. The woman in the passenger seat thought to herself 'I must be losing it. I could have sworn we just went through a red light.' After a few more minutes, they came to another intersection and the light was red again. Again, they went right through. The woman in the passenger seat was almost sure that the light had been red but was really concerned that she was losing it. She was getting nervous. At the next intersection, sure enough, the light was red and they went on through. So, she turned to the other woman and said, 'Mildred, did you know that we just ran through three red lights in a row? You could have killed us both!'
Mildred turned to her and said, 'Oh, crap, am I driving ?'


From that flippant youngster named Doug.

10 comments:

  1. Yeah, yesterday when asking god's blessing on the marriages and birthdays, I couldn't come up with the names of any of them!

    ROFL

    Thanks, grandmere, thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard that last one before. Funny! (And I'm old enough to get it...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Scott! Up there in front of everyone. I'm laughing at you now, er, with you. What! You're not laughing?

    Ellie, I had not heard any of them. I have a few more saved, but I believe they work better in small doses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that is how Dr. Williams runs the CoE?

    LMAO!

    FWIW
    jimB

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were so good, I posted them on my site, too.

    Did he also send you the "laugh piece" from Ft. Worth? It's hysterical.

    I've just posted the Richard Simmon's clip. I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's that link to the "good news" from Dallas-Ft. Worth:


    http://www.chumfm.com/MorningShow/bits/march24.swf

    (Sorry, I couldn't get the HTML link to work)

    CAR ACCIDENT IN TEXAS ...
    If you don't listen to anything else today, listen to this one. This will definitely make you laugh! Turn up your sound and click on the website above.

    The accident occurred in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. This is a phone call from a man who witnesses the accident involving four elderly women. (I'm the little old lady who drops a bible.)

    It was so popular when they played it on CHUM. FM, they put it on their website. The guy's laugh is contagious. Just close your eyes and picture what he sees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me try that link again


    http://www.chumfm.com/MorningShow/
    bits/march24.swf

    RATS! Didn't work.

    .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, thank you Elizabeth, I needed that laugh!! But, honestly they remind me of the woman who has been my role model since I saw her on my first trip to New York City many years ago. I had finally got used to the fact that pedestrians simply swarm off of the sidewalk at corners and force the cars to give way when a big delivery truck started to try to turn directly in our path. A marvelous little old Italian woman (couldn't have been 5 feet tall) started wailing on the truck cab with her umbrella. The driver apologized. I decided I wanted to be her when I grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mimi,

    There is a point when these jokes aren't funny anymore AND I HAVE REACHED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muthah+, I am truly sorry. However, some of us do find them funny. Perhaps, you shouldn't read them.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.