Sunday, November 2, 2008

Please Pray For Roseann and Jonathan


NOT HOW IT WILL BE!

A reminder to pray for Roseann, who will have surgery tomorrow to remove both kidneys. Her kidneys are no longer functioning, and she has been on dialysis. She hopes eventually to have a kidney transplant. From Roseann's blog:

One of the things I'm learning while dealing with a serious illness, a life-threatening condition is to limit my contact with certain people. There are people who are helpful and supportive and these are people I want to keep close. There are people who want to make my condition about them somehow and want me to help and support them as they deal with my illness. I don't have the energy for that.

Update on Roseann:

June,...she is listed as Satisfactory. I think that is as good as it gets.

Sue


Pray also for Jonathan, aka Madpriest, who will have dental surgery tomorrow (which it already is now over there). Instead of a general anesthetic, which the dental surgeons recommended, he wants it done under a local anesthetic with an iPod to help him through the ordeal. Let's pray him through this. In his own words:

Your nerves are raw because of an election?!! Hah! You should try facing the extraction of half your teeth in one go on the morrow.

So thank you all for taking my mind off things.


Update from MadPriest:

Well, I'm back. Four rotten teeth lighter.

It wasn't too bad except there was a couple of hours or so between the end of the operation and the point at which I could drink enough to swallow some pain relievers that I was in incredible agony, far worse than any toothache.


He says he's getting sane. I hope he doesn't stop being funny.

[ Find Your Polling Place | Voting Info For Your State | Know Your Voting Rights | Report Voting Problems ]

9 comments:

  1. Peace, peace of mind, comfort and prompt healing...my prayers for those who are facing medical difficulties.

    Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leonardo, you are one of the faithful pray-ers. I hope Roseann won't think the cartoon is in bad taste. I know that Jonathan will not. It arrived just as I was writing the post, so I thought I'd use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father has been in Roseann's shoes, and came out as peachy keen as possible. I'm 21, and as of last November he's the healthiest he's been since I was nine months old. I will certainly be praying Roseann has the same success as my father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not so worried about Jonathan as I am about Roseann. My guess is that Jonathan is laughing and full of thanks, and I hope he posts again soon. As for Roseann...well, I hope she is laughing and full of thanks and will post again soon, too...miserere mei, Deus...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathan, that is excellent news. I hope that this word gets to Roseann. I'll try to see that it does.

    Scott, what comes to my mind are Jesus' words in Luke, "Do not fear. Only believe, and she will be saved."

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many opportunities to pray - I pray for Mrs. MP who will have the aftercare of our Jonathan, as well as for Jonathan whose iPod, I hope, is full of loud, crashy music. For Roseanne, peace, hope, love and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am praying for Roseann - for her, for her family and friends, for her doctors, nurses and all caregivers.

    Much of the same for MP as well.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.