Thursday, January 29, 2009

Please Pray For JohnieB

From Jane R. at Acts of Hope:

Dear all,

I've wanted to post this for a while but did not want to do so without JohnieB's permission, which I just received along with a nice catch-up letter.

JohnieB, friend to many of us in this corner of the blogosphere, is, as you know, a Vietnam War veteran who lives with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). He also gets depressed in the winter, which happens to many of us (SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder) and happens even more to people who already suffer from depression.


...Continued at Jane's blog.

Perhaps it would be best to leave comments at Jane's blog or at JohnieB's blog, Here Still Running, so he won't miss them. His energy level is low, so don't be offended if he does not respond.

Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve your sick servant Johnie, and give your power of healing to those who minister to his needs, that he may be strengthened in his weakness and have confidence in your loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

(Book of Common Prayer, p. 459)

5 comments:

  1. I'm leaving my comment here in thanksgiving for your deep tenderness, grandmere. As for JohnieB, my guess is that he will check in here, as I do, and for some of the same reasons.

    (Hang in there, JB, spring is on its way! It is already more difficult to sleep late...the sun rises early again.)

    Blessings and thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, I thank you, and Johnieb thanks you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I believed that prayer achieved anything tangible beyond bringing peace of mind to those who pray, and to some of those who are prayed for, and who believe in its efficacy (just look at the state of the World, for Heaven's sake!) I would be more forthcoming on threads like this. I do, for what it is worth, have great sympathy for JohnieB and have been thinking of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lapin, each in our own way. I'm sure that Johnieb appreciates your kind thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lapin, sympathy and thoughts are good too. It all helps, and I'm sure JohnieB is grateful for all of it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.