Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Chinese Dinner

A couple decides to go out to eat at a Chinese restaurant. After looking over the menu, they both decide to order Mandarin Duck, the chef's special.

A short time later, the waiter brings their meal on a covered dish. As the wife reaches for the lid, it rises up a few inches. She can see two little eyes looking out at her before the lid slams down.

Startled, she asks her husband if he had seen the eyes. Just then, the lid rises up again, revealing the same pair of eyes before slamming down again.

Perturbed, the couple calls over the waiter and explains what has happened.

"I solly," says the waiter, "I make mistake . I brought you Peeking Duck."


Don't blame me. Blame Doug.

7 comments:

  1. That's so awful, I shan't bother to be offended.

    I'll also spare you the tale of putting a live dungeness crab in a boiling hot pot in front of the diners (including a kosher vegetarian), or the drunken shrimp scuttling across the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wilfried, I think Doug should be punished for this one, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready with the Chinese water torture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that was awful.

    No more flied lice for you!

    Us round-eyed barbarians are so going to hell for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Counterlight, we're going to hell for more than Chinese jokes.

    I don't like flied lice anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Considering some of the things I eaten or seen eaten recently, I do not see the humor in this! Bad Doug.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.