Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Get Your Bras!


Artful Bras Project

Members of Quilters of South Carolina have created one-of-a-kind bras for Breast Cancer Awareness. The exhibit consists of forty-nine original works of art which are unique, entertaining, humorous, and beautiful to make the public aware of breast cancer, to memorialize those lost to the disease, and to honor survivors.



This exhibit will tour SC until Oct '09 at which time individual Artfull Bras will be auctioned and the proceeds donated to the Best Chance Network, a program to provide care and treatment of uninsured women across the state who are diagnosed with breast and ovarian cancer.



The bras come prepared for display on their own hangers and are available for exhibit across the state of South Carolina. The exhibit is available until October of 2009. If you are interested in delighting and inspiring your organization membership, contact Sandra Baker, president of QSC at Sandra25@bellsouth.net







The titles of the bras and the names of their creators are listed below:

Mardi Gras (Let the Good Times Roll) - Wilma Black

Tickled Pink , My Sister's Sense of Humor - Linda Vandiver

Lily Padded - Liz Florom

Look at Them Melons - Bev Buchanan


Click the link above to see the rest of the bras. They are wonderful and witty. Also, click on each picture to get the details in the large view.

Thanks to Ann for sending me the link.

11 comments:

  1. I put this on my LJ. You don't mind do you Mimi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I meant to say that I used the original link, not a link to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fine. The more publicity, the better. Isn't it just like southern gals to come up with something like that?

    You see that I said "yes", before I even knew what you were talking about. I trust you, Ida Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are just amazing, Mimi! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's really great., But, it would be better if they were wearing the bras, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindy, I think these bras are not made for wearing. Look at the hangers. They're works of art to be displayed.

    Of course, if it was yours, you could wear it, preferably with no other covering on top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous. I am going to send the link to your post to one of my students who has been in treatment for breast cancer for a couple of years now. I think she will like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta admit, there's a few ladies I know who I like to see in the "Look at Them Melons" model ;->

    ReplyDelete
  9. I favor the Mardi Gras model, but, of course, I would.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.