Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Please Pray...

for Paul, the BB

I already told you about my suspected bronchitis. For that I made an appointment tomorrow. But something else was going on with my body yesterday afternoon and I saw the doc today. My laryngitis is chump change (though I do sound awful).

I have phlebitis.

I got shot in the hip to knock out nasty infections and tomorrow I will have a Doppler done to see if there is a clot or not. Then blood tests and any future action.

With age I have a number of greater and lesser health concerns and there will be upcoming things (not huge, just needful) to pursue. As a simple example, I have a knee that ain't what it used to be. Who doesn't sooner or later?

I know I don't even have to ask this crowd for prayers but thought you'd like to know.


UPDATE: From Paul - An update for y'all: NO BLOOD CLOT. The ultrasound showed my veins doing just fine. This is wonderful news and a huge relief. I do have an ugly infection but it is already being battled into submission. I am very grateful for the love and prayers that have come my way. See Paul, the BB's post.

and for Fran's friend, the lurker.

Enough about me, I'm fine and not so freaking important that my busy-ness matters one iota.

There is something way more important and I should not even be making small talk I am asking for prayers please. I have a friend who is a big lurker on these pages. She has come to know and read many of you, especially those in the cyber church
crowd, although I know she is also quite fond of at least one non-churchy type. I've barely linked to all the blog she reads - she is a much better blog friend than I am, so keep that in mind.

You just don't know her yet, but you will love her.

In any case, my friend and our lurker has some medical stuff going on and has a doctor's appointment on Friday. This appointment is very anxiety provoking for her... If you could send some prayers her way, that would be most welcome and most appreciated.

Thanks kids.

Mwah-mwah-mwah, kisses all around.


Yes, of course we will pray for you, dear Paul, for healing, and for you, dear lurker, for a good report from your medical test.

Blessings and love to you both.

7 comments:

  1. Prayers for both Paul and "lurker".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for Paul and for Fran's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all so much! I went to bed early last night and already felt surrounded by prayer. It's a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling of being surrounded by prayer. It is a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An update for y'all: NO BLOOD CLOT. The ultrasound showed my veins doing just fine. This is wonderful news and a huge relief. I do have an ugly infection but it is already being battled into submission. I am very grateful for the love and prayers that have come my way.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.