Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SENIOR DRESS CODE

Many of us over 50, WAY over 50, or on the way to 50 are quite confused about how we should present ourselves.

We're unsure about the kind of image we are projecting and whether or not we are correct as we try to conform to current fashion.

In spite of what you may have seen on the streets, the following combinations DO NOT go together and should be avoided:

1. A nose ring and bifocals

2.. Spiked hair and bald spots

3. A pierced tongue and dentures

4. Miniskirts and support hose

5. Ankle bracelets and corn pads

6. Speedo's and cellulite

7. A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar

8. Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor

9. Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge

10. Pierced nipples that hang below the waist

11. Bikinis and liver spots.

12. Short shorts and varicose veins.

13. Inline skates and a walker..


And the ultimate 'Bad Taste' in fashion for the older folks....

14. Thongs and Depends.


Please keep these basic guidelines foremost in your mind when
you shop.


Don't blame me. Blame Ann and Doug, who sent slightly different versions.

Posted without the picture that Doug sent along. Sorry, Doug, I couldn't take it, and my readers should thank me for not inflicting it on them.

17 comments:

  1. The thing is, when some of the pierced and tattooed crowd grow old, some of this is really going to happen (not the last item, one hopes ;-)) - I keep thinking about this when I see tattoos on upper arms...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine that some of this already with us. I know some old hippies who are there now. I like the inline skates and a walker myself. That might make the skating doable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once knew an old sailor who got a tattoo of Betty Grable on his arm when he was 18. That tattoo lasted longer than Betty Grable did.

    I suspect the same will be true of every generation of hipster that goes to bed in evening up to the minute, and wakes up the next morning to find themselves old fashioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My tattoo is on my ankle. Ankles don't have very far to sag.

    Amelia, I wouldn't think of skating with out my walker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thongs and Depends,.... You've just described the local beaches...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are occasional moments when I was not blessed with a visual imagination. Reading this was one of those moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After my misadventure at OCICBOV with my post picturing the less-than-buff men in their Speedos, I think the garments should be banned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No mention of tattoos and varicose veins, then. That would have been top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MadPriest, thanks for nothing. I forgot to show you my tattoo while I was in England, didn't I? You could have seen for yourself. If you squint your eyes a little, the veins don't show that much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah well. C'est la vie. (That means "such is life").

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tu as plein de merde, mon cher Père le Fou. (No translation.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet to see both y'all still getting along so well, even after the meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Johnieb! It's good to hear from you again. How ya doin'?

    The funny thing is that MP and I got along really well face to face. At least, I did. He may have been wishing me far, far away, but he was gracious enough not to say so.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ne dirait-on pas "Tu es plein de merde, ou encore mieux, vous êtes plein de merde?"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Paul, I thought it was like, "Tu as faim". Of course, I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.