Tuesday, April 7, 2009

You Are God's Beloved

As I was walking tonight, I thought of the folks I know who think very little of themselves, who think they count for nothing, who see themselves as persons of no value, and that made me quite sad. I prayed that these people might one day come into the knowledge of the One, the source from which flows my sense that I am someone who counts, a person to be valued. I am God's creation, a creature whom God has declared to be good, and I rest secure in the infinite love of that same God, a love which is beyond what I can imagine. I want all to have that same sense of being God's beloved.

Lord, open our eyes that we may see you.

Lord, open our ears that we may hear you.

Lord, open our hearts that we may feel the power of your love for us.

14 comments:

  1. Well, bless me, Mimi! How perfectly lovely (and Amen!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this, Mimi.

    I say this as one who finds it very difficult to believe that God loves me.

    In your words, I hear an echo of what TELP sometimes says to us: "You are loved beyond your wildest imagining."

    I want to believe this. For now, all I can do is love God as best I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and Amen, Grand'mère!

    And this is the Gospel of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, God loves you whether you believe it or not. Keep on keeping on, and one day you will know.

    My walk is sometimes a holy time. Last night, I had Diana with me, because I went a little later than usual. She is often a distraction, but not last night, and I didn't even have to pick up poo.

    Thank you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi,

    I know my God loves me because I can see it in the eyes of my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Add my Amen to all the above. I know so many who just don't feel loved even those who come to church and try so hard. Some of that has to do with being unable to accept forgiveness and some of it has to do with a deep sense of shame and some of it, unfortunately, is they've never believed that they can be loved for who they are. I wish I could just say YOU are God's beloved and have it believed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely and how generous!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Humble thanks for your Godly insight! What a beautiful, simply, yet profound meditation! This, indeed, has been a struggle of late for many I know and love. You are a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your kind words.

    Fred, yes. The look in the eyes of the grandchildren will do it for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mille fois merci! This is very sweet, and kind...

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.