Friday, June 5, 2009

Without Me?


"Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito AND Ms. Egyptian Hippo of Love. All of them. All together in the same place at the Harvest Moon Brewery and Cafe in New Brunswick, NJ where some of the Episcobloggers gathered."

A party be happenin' tonight in New Jersey, and I'm not there. I ask you, "How can they have a party without me?" But they're doing it anyway! It's just not right.

Here's the comment that I left at Elizabeth's blog:

Grandmère Mimi said...

Not only looking sad, but feeling sad. Boo-hoo. That's no joke, but a serious cry. I'm happy for y'all and sad for me, me, me. I can't stand it!

I'm tempted to say, "Call the whole thing off. It's no party if I'm not there." But I won't say that, because I'm a good Christian woman, and I'm generous-hearted, and I'm glad for y'all to have a rip-roaring good time, even if I'm not there.

Hugs all around for everyone from me. Kisses, too. Raise a glass to those of us who are not there in body, but very much there in spirit.

Love to all.


UPDATE: See Telling Secrets for more pictures.

16 comments:

  1. I second all this - the tyranny of distance

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tyranny of distance. That's it. You should be there, too, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I third it. I'm up in Massachusetts patching bicycle tires, and it's a poor second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary. Welcome to the pity party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. KJ, there were no formal invitations. It was the OCICBW crowd and anyone who wanted to be there. You would have been quite welcome,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, I'm contributing for someone else's Jaguar when I could be buying myself a ticket to a party? I must get my priorities sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would have been fun, but it was distance for me as well. That and some important meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We missed you all.

    Pictures are up!

    PS - Sorry if anyone missed the invitation. Allie and Whiteycat worked really hard to try and get the word out among non-FB types. A few balls were dropped. We all felt bad and poorer without your presence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Above-mentioned pictures are wonderful - esp the scan of Hippo of Love, who was there in person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice save, Elizabeth.

    Life and finances keep me close to home. You're all welcome to come over for a cup of tea, however.

    ReplyDelete
  11. KJ, I'm on the next plane. No. Just kidding. My travel budget is blown for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all missed so many of our friends. But it was a wonderful chance for me to put faces and voices to names from the Blogospherical Realm. And to meet Padre Mickey's Incredible Cast of Characters -- in the flesh, oops, the porcelain, plastic and pottery! What a delight. My only regret was having to leave early for the 2 hour trip back to the Bronx via NJT and MTA. Wish I could have stayed for hours more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "I don have to speak"
    Mimi does it for me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, I wasn't there either. It's sort of the feeling I have two weeks later having attended my 30th college reunion and in the emails and photos going out, it's as though I wasn't there... even though I was up until Saturday evening.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.