Sunday, July 19, 2009

Big People Words

A group of kids were trying very hard to become accustomed to the first grade. The biggest hurdle they faced was that the teacher insisted on NO baby talk!

"You need to use Big People words," she was always reminding them.

She asked Alex what he had done over the weekend.

"I went to visit my Nana."

She replied, "No, you went to visit your GRANDMOTHER. Use Big People words!"

She then asked Mitchell what he had done.

"I took a ride on a choo-choo."

She said. "No, you took a ride on a TRAIN. You must remember to use Big People words."

She then asked little Johnny what he had done.

"I read a book," he replied.

"That's WONDERFUL!" the teacher said. "What book did you read?"

Johnny thought real hard about it, then puffed out his chest with great
pride, and said, "Winnie the Shit."


Don't blame me. Blame Paul (A.).

11 comments:

  1. More than a smile here!!! I really enjoyed this picture of childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, the teacher said no baby talk, luv.

    Ruth, I'm glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreadful! Horrible! Shocking! Shocking, I say.

    <<< clicks on a different window to e-mail it to all his friends. >>>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Rick, only I forwarded it first before sitting down in shock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The punch line made me laugh out loud. That's one of the tests as to whether I post jokes that are sent to me or not.

    And I don't pass them on by email. I send them to all of YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Themethatis was right, I did indeed enjoy this joke. If only I could get him to laugh at my jokes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Petty, is it that Hubby has no sense of humor, or is this type of humor too low for him to appreciate - him being such an intellectual and all?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, he just doesn't like my jokes. His favourite is 'What's red and not there?'
    'No tomatoes'
    That, he claims, is an intellectual joke - a big hit with existential philosophers or so he informs me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Petty, tell Hubby that his joke has me rolling on the floor - NOT! Pass the word. I can be mean now. It's not his birthday any more.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.