Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Does It Strike Your Fancy?

So here is a different one that might strike your fancy:

A policeman in a small town was on night patrol and, as he was checking the used car lot, he came upon two little old ladies sitting in a used car.

He stopped and asked them why they were sitting there in the car. Were they trying to steal it?

"Heavens no! We bought it."

"Then why don't you drive it away?"

"We can't drive."

"Then why did you buy it?"

"Friends told us that if we bought a used car here we'd get screwed....

So we're just waiting."

Cheers,

Paul (A.)


That Paul. He's a naughty one, and he tempts me to naughtiness, and I succomb.

Nevertheless, it was a real pleasure to see him again at the convention. And he lent me his computer, too! Good thing, because I was wasting away from internet deprivation.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, Mimi. Sounds like a good old fashioned "near occasion of sin" situation to me... Remember those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tobias, the near occasions of sin were all around us and within us. Let's not forget the thoughts that may lead us to serious sin. I'm wondering how I confessed them in my younger days, not dirty thoughts, surely. Oh, now I remember! I called them impure thoughts, leaving the priest-confessor free to use his imagination as to what that actually meant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm recalling a couple of times as an adult reminiscing with some of my Roman Catholic friends about what sins we confessed as children. Being disobedient to our parents was an old reliable, but I remember one friend telling us that he confessed that he had said poo-poo. I don't know how the priests kept from laughing out loud at some of the stuff we said.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.