Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pray For Tigger And my Son And His Family


This morning my son ran over Tigger with his car by accident. Tigger had begun to have neurological problems once again, and probably could not get out from under the car quickly enough. He ran under a shed which is very low to the ground, and my son is trying to get him out now to take him to the vet, if he is not already dead. Grandpère went over there to try to help him.

You may ask why a sick cat was outside instead of in the house. Tigger was a stray and is still part feral. He hates being in the house and yowls constantly when he's inside. Only the family can hold him and cuddle him. He's not a mean cat, but he moves away when others try to pet him.

If Tigger is still alive, he will probably need to be put to sleep. My son feels terrible about the accident. Tigger has been with them for 12 years. My grandchildren are due to return to their dad's house today and will take this quite hard.

UPDATE: The deed is done. Tigger has gone on to the sweet bye-and-bye. He was injured, and the ear problem was back, putting him off his equilibrium again. It was time. May he rest in peace. Pray for my son and for my grandchildren who will hear the news this evening.



R.I.P. TIGGER

You were a good friend and companion for twelve years. We'll see you in the sweet bye-and-bye.

♫ Sing the wondrous love of Jesus,
Sing His mercy and His grace.
In the mansions bright and blessèd
He'll prepare for us a place.

When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We'll sing and shout the victory! ♫

17 comments:

  1. So sorry. Some start for your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so sorry. What a beautiful cat. Something similar happened with one of my brothers. It's difficult to get over hurting an animal, however inadvertently. I'll pray that Tigger isn't suffering, whatever happens, and that your family will be comforted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard when the dad is the one - especially in these times - prayers all around

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, poor Tigger! Prayers for Tigger, and your son and the kids, and everyone else touched by the situation. Losing a beloved pet is so terribly difficult.

    Of course, I've heard of cats being run over by cars and surviving. They are miraculously supple -- sometimes seeming like rubber. So the worst may not be in store.

    Prayers ascending...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to read this. Prayers for Tigger, dad, kids, and the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all. Tigger had four good months after he was nearly pronounced dead. For a while he was the miracle cat, but his problems were back and then the accident....

    ReplyDelete
  7. May Tigger rest in peace.

    My heart goes out to your son and to his family. How awful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts are wth you all. It's awful when you loose a much loved member of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tigger had much love and would that all cats did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how sad. What a beautiful cat. I had a cat named Patti that looked exactly like him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grandmere, my cats and I are so terribly sorry to hear of this tragic mishap. What a marvelous kitty Tigger was! All of us here will continue to pray that he is now at peace and that your son and grandchildren will know God's consolation and love at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Catherine in JapanJuly 8, 2009 at 7:02 PM

    Oh no, poor Tigger! I feel so bad for your son, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, thank you, thank you, my friends.

    My grandson was okay until he looked at Tigger's grave, and then he began to cry. My granddaughter would not even look at it. I sang when we all get to heaven for them. They were going to have a prayer service later tonight. I told them that they'd have to love the three cats they have left all the more.

    Tigger had multiple health problems, and he have had a hard time of it even if he had recovered from the injuries from the accident.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As a "Dad" of two cats, and being part feral myself, this is profoundly sad. My prayers with Tigger's soul and with the hearts and minds of your son and family - and you, Mimi. You clearly thought a lot of Tigger, yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Prayers for your family at this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have been out of town for a week and I saw this in trying to catch up with the blogs today. I am sorry to hear this sad news. You are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.