Saturday, October 24, 2009

Will Your Pets Be Left Behind?


When you're raptured, will your pets go with you, or will they be left behind? Don't take a chance. Eternal Earth-bound Pets has the answer for you, just in case.

You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved. But when the Rapture comes what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind? Eternal Earth-Bound Pets takes that burden off your mind.

We are a group of dedicated animal lovers, and atheists. Each
Eternal Earth-Bound Pet representative is a confirmed atheist, and as such will still be here on Earth after you've received your reward. Our network of animal activists are committed to step in when you step up to Jesus.


You may ask, "Is this for real?" I ask you, "Is the rapture for real?" The answer is in the questions, and it starts with "m", which stands for....

The cats are Stormy and Wendy. They live with my son and his family.

H/T to Pam at Pandagon.

12 comments:

  1. Mimi, why do I have a feeling that, if there IS a "rapture," it won't be my dogs that will be left behind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirke, IF there is a rapture? What's wrong with you? WHEN the rapture comes and takes your dogs, maybe you can find a nice atheist to keep you company. You should probably start looking now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phooey. I'll just go with the Rainbow Bridge and to hell with the rapture since I know I am not one of the 144000 elect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nor am I.

    I suspect that from the point of view of most rapture believing Christians, liberal Episcopalians/Anglicans aren't going to be raptured. Perhaps you should set up a rival company. Instead of blaspheming the holy ghost, you could proclaim that loving (eros) someone of the same sex is not automatically sinful anymore than loving someone of the opposite sex. You can add that women should be no more silent in church than men.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They may be atheists, but they've got the scamming gene normally associated with televangelists.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And they have the same target audience for their scam

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first, I thought this was a joke, but I think it's real. I'd love to know how many of the gullible have sent in their money.

    Televangelist - target audience. Yep, I see a parallel. Who knows? Perhaps the televangelists or others fronting for them run the operation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sort of doubt that too many fundamentalist would trust a self-professed atheist to care for their pets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth, who else do they have? The likes of us perhaps. I doubt that they think we are rapture-ready. Maybe we should start a competing online service.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yes Ruth you are right there! There is an old joke that talks about the "huddled groups" in heaven who think they are the only ones up there, and the sad thing is many of those evangelicals truly believe that. Sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Johnieb, that's not what I had in mind, but your answer may be better than mine.

    Welcome back, luv!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.