Sunday, November 8, 2009

About Roseann


This morning I talked with Roseann by phone. She is incredible. She does not want us to be sad. She reads and enjoys your emails. She prays for us and would like to be able to thank each one of you for your love and your prayers, because she is so very grateful for them all. We truly are the Communion of Saints (and Beloved Sinners!) and the Body of Christ for her. Roseann is very much at peace, and she praises the hospice folks to the high heavens. She rejoices that, one day, each of us in this whole, wonderful, loving internet community will see one another face to face.

On Tuesday, Nov. 10, Roseann will have a Eucharistic celebration, with her priest, Terri, presiding. When Terri asked Roseann which Eucharistic rite she wanted, she said she wanted the Star Trek Rite. She asks us to join with her to pray during the Eucharist, even if for only a short prayer.


Date and time:

Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 6:00 PM CST

"Engage! Make it so! Resistance is futile!"



Now a story. As I drove to New Orleans yesterday, I played a CD of Ray Charles songs from the early days of his career. I could see Ray rocking back and force as I listened. I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be lovely to have Roseann in the passenger seat listening and rocking with me to Ray." Several times during the ride, I thought of Roseann and wished she was with me.

I told her the story when I talked to her, and she said, "I'd have loved to be there! The first song I ever heard him sing was 'You Are My Sunshine', a long time ago. I have his framed picture on my wall, and I've seen him LIVE!"

I knew none of this, and yet I wished for Roseann to be with me on my ride. She was - in spirit - very much with me.

Roseann said this time is very hard for Gary. His boss has given him time off to be with Roseann, as much time as he needs. Lovely. May God bless Gary's boss and the company that he works for. There are good people in the world.

Hold Roseann and Gary in your hearts and in your prayers. Send love and good thoughts their way during their journey.

Roseann's email address is

revamundo@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Yes, we actually prayed out loud for Roseann at church today. And my prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful spirits to behold...thank you Roseann for helping me find my way.

    Peace to you too,

    Leonardo Ricardo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - what a journey. I am really praying for Roseann and for Gary and also for you Mimi!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.