Saturday, December 5, 2009

Diocese Of Los Angeles Elects Two Women Bishops

From The Lead:

In a seven ballot election The Rev. Canon Mary D. Glasspool has been elected a suffragan bishop of the Diocese of Los Angeles pending the required consents. The second woman elected bishop bishop in the diocese in as many days, she is also a partnered lesbian.

The Diocese of Los Angeles elected the Rev. Canon Diane Jardine Bruce suffragan bishop of the diocese in the first of two elections taking place in that diocese this weekend. Bruce is the first woman elected a bishop in the Diocese of Los Angeles pending the required consents.


Two women, one in a partnered lesbian relationship. Excellent news! The Diocese of Los Angeles moves forward.

13 comments:

  1. And Mimi gets the scoop! (At least in my Google reader...)

    It's a great day to be an Episcopalian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, my post went to Google ahead of The Lead, which is where I got my information. Crazy.

    It is a great day. And I can lay aside my concern about Bp. Smith. What a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite an day, indeed.

    I registered and left a comment at Stand Firm, and I've already been called a "known raving revisionist". I suppose that I should take it as a compliment that I'm "known" over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We kept watch on Kirstin's Facebook post. I'm so happy for you and the diocese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Mimi, you little devil you! You inspired alliteration in someone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might want to add "known raving revisionist" (comment by Sarah Hey, btw) to your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Piskie, I am happy.

    They're already trashing Fr. Thompson at SF, and I wanted to say a few words in his defense like pray for him, give him a chance, etc.

    They seem to have been not only inspired to alliteration but generally stirred up over my comments. By the way, I've been polite despite the name-calling.

    Lapin, that description just might make a good sidebar adornment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a snippy snit is the Ms. Hey. Not nearly as good as hers, but I thought it up on short notice. She's prolly been just waiting for the chance to use hers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, that's not bad at all. I suspect that the description may have been used before, but, of course, I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Known raving revisionist?! I'd wear it like a badge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazinging good news today. And good for you Mimi, you're known, you do sometimes rave, and being a re-visionist in my book is a good thing. Anyone who is able to see the world through a new lens is a plus.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.