Monday, December 28, 2009

The Pay Raise

Our Mexican maid asked for a pay increase. My wife was very upset about this and decided to talk to her about the raise.

She asked: "Now, Maria, why do you want a pay increase?"

Maria: "Well, Señora, there are three reasons why I want an increase. The first is that I iron better than you."

Wife: "Who said you iron better than me?"

Maria: "Your husband said so."

Wife: "Oh."

Maria: "The second reason is that I am a better cook than you are."

Wife: "Nonsense! Who said you were a better cook than me?"

Maria: "Your husband did."

Wife: "Oh."

Maria: "My third reason is that I am a better lover than you."

Wife (really furious now): "Did my husband say that as well?"

Maria: "No, Señora . . . the gardener did."

Wife: "So how much do you want?"



Don't blame me. Blame Paul (A.), who says that he does not have a Mexican maid. Whether I believe him or not is a whole other matter.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Mimi, come now. You've SEEN my house. You KNOW we don't have a maid!

    Catherine (A.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right, Catherine, I believe YOU. But you do have a naughty husband who tricks ladies of a certain age into posting naughty jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you are notoriously difficult to trick, Mimi, so Paul (A.) must be terribly sly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, yes indeed. The other Paul is a sly trickster. He slips more than a few naughty jokes past me, while I'm not paying close attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall try this on my friend here at Waterloo, who has a Portugese maid ;=)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.