Sunday, January 24, 2010

GOOD-BYE BIG PHONE COMPANY!

Yay! I finally have a new wireless server for my laptop. I've been poking along on Big Phone Company's wireless for a year and a half. The internet service was slow, very slow. Quite often, I could not access the internet at all. I spent a great deal of time on the help phone line trying to get internet service working. Just a few days ago, I went through five customer service reps before my problem was resolved, only to find that yesterday I was once again not able to get online.

Today I dropped the Big Phone Company and signed up for wireless with our cell phone provider, and it's like I died and went to heaven now using my laptop. But wait! There's a hitch. We signed a contract with BPC, and we will need to pay $95.00 for breaking the contract which does not run out until September of this year. But I'm going to fight that. As I see it, the BPC owes us money for all the days when we could not access the internet. We could always threaten to cut off our home landline service with the BPC. I'll try whatever I can, and we'll see who wears out first.

7 comments:

  1. I am ashamed of myself for being cranky with so many customer service reps, but they were the only people that I got to talk to.

    I found an email address for the CEO of the BPC and told my tale. What I'm looking for now is his address at the corporate headquarters. I want to send a snail mail letter, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By writing to the CEO, I won my battle for $50 with RadioShack some years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Mimi! And Geaux, Saints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let BPC know that if they even try it, you will stop referring to them as BPC and will actually name names. With your circulation, that should give the corporate office a big case of indigestion. Also, the Public Service Commission should be made aware of all of the days you could not access your service. My money is on you.

    P.S. My dad is in heaven with a smile today, His beloved Saints are bound, at last, for the Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good! Enjoy the new server and good luck in fighting the BPC! I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.