Saturday, January 16, 2010

WHAT I THINK...

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer's history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger..

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my damn neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to the ten-page paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever.

15. I hate it when I miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!) but when I immediately call back it rings nine times and goes to voicemail.. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

18. My best friend's 4-year old grandson asked him in the car the other day "Poppy, what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How the hell do you respond to that?

19. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

20. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.


Thanks to Doug and Julie. If two people send me what they think, and they think exactly the same thing, then I think I should post their identical thoughts, don't you?

27 comments:

  1. I know how to fold a fitted sheet....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let us in on the secret. #5 is the bane of my existence. After the first washing, they become a sloppy mess in the linen closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boocat, do I have a video for you! Go to YouTube and watch a demonstration. It's so much easier to see how to do the folding than to try to understand an explanation using words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi, I think it is much more important to know how to fold this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, it is! It is more important! If only I wore thongs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. TMI

    Paul, only because you're gay.

    On second thought, since I'm an old lady, maybe straight guys would think the same. LOL!

    Ann, that folder is a bit picky, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes he is -- I usually fold the corners into each other and then fold in the edges and fold the rest, don't use a bed or table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also hate folding (or trying to) fitted sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Folding" sheets? That's where I've been going wrong all these years!

    (Word verification for this comment: repulsan. Sounds like something you'd flush round the loo!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wash and dry and put 'em back on the bed. Sheesh people!
    amyj
    ps: I love the list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks simple. Have to reorganize my linen closet after mass.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mother used to fold sheets that way, but I never mastered it. I will try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the method for fitted sheets that I attempt but my results don't come out that nicely. I guess I am with motherameila.

    Actually, Mimi, I misread what you wrote and thought you said you only wore thongs. Which I assumed was humor but certainly made my eyes blink rapidly. I should not comment when I'm tired.

    There was a time when my ties were neatly rolled and stored in cute little boxes, so I guess I can't throw stones at the thong folding lady. I was not out selling books and making videos though. She does make my flesh crawl. I want a restraining order on Beverly Hills organizers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't like folding any sheets, but at least one sees gratifying results rather quickly, like in ironing clothes. I have two sets of sheets for each bed, and I alternate. I am rather neat, except for my papers, which are in piles in several places.

    Paul, how I wish there was a video of you demonstrating how you folded your ties into cute little boxes. I'd post the video, and we'd have great fun in the comments at your expense.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whatcha got in your computer, Erika?

    In truth, I'd want my material deleted, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for a lovely list - I really needed a cyber chuckle in a big way. Personally I refuse to fold fitted sheets - I hang them over a hanger so they stay well aired when I need them. Besides I can't fold them worth a damn.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Paul (A.), I'd have to try that method out. I suspect that I couldn't get the steps to work for me.

    Renz, I taught my cleaning lady how to fold the fitted sheets, and she is grateful. It's a handy skill.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will be 65 in April. I learned this fitted sheet folding skill last year! Old dogs can learn new tricks, Renz.

    ReplyDelete
  19. On some of the other ones:

    #4: Comic sans

    #6: Gregg is even better. No one will ever copy your notes.

    #7: Tell Mapquest to start at the intersection outside your neighborhood that you will start from. Duh!

    #13: If you copy or print from a MSWord document Bill Gates thinks you have changed it. Find a better piece of software.

    #15: They are doubtless busy leaving you a voicemail.

    #16: At least not seeing anyone of importance didn't kill your feeling of confidence.

    #18: "Obviously that wasn't a real ninja."

    #19: Yours doesn't have one?

    #20: I'd say Bud Light in the U.S.; Snow (a Chinese beer) worldwide. Liquor, on the other hand, is quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I tried the T-shirt folding method in the video and it worked.

    Which reminds me, time to strip the beds and wash sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I turn fitted sheets into balls with intricate crease patterns.
    They stretch out after they've been fitted on the bed.
    If they don't you've bought the wrong material.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.