Wednesday, February 3, 2010

WHO DAT?™ WEDDING AND HONEYMOON


From the Daily Comet:

A lot of couples dream about their wedding, but Jaime Davis Triche and her new husband, Jamie Triche, have been dreaming about a Saints Super Bowl. The couple were married Jan. 22, and there was only one way to spend their honeymoon: cheering the Saints to victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

The Houma couple, who have been together eight years, have spent much of their time together enjoying a shared passion for the New Orleans Saints.

Both Jaime and Jamie say they've been Saints fans since they were children.

The Triches spend most Sundays cheering on the Saints at Spahr's Seafood restaurant, where Mr. Triche is known for doing cartwheels around the restaurant every time the Saints win a game.
....

Many of their wedding guests, knowing the couple's intense Saints' fever, gave them housewares decorated with fleurs-de-lis. But Mrs. Triche said her stepfather had a special gift to start their life together right: tickets to the next day's playoff game, when the Saints would play the Vikings to determine which team would head to the Super Bowl.


Congratulations Jamie and Jaime. May you have many more happy years together cheering on the the Saints.

You, my readers, are probably tiring of the endless Saints talk. I freely admit that I may have who datted™ my blog nearly to death right about now.

9 comments:

  1. You get to WHO DAT until Sunday (or maybe even Monday) after they win. By then you'll be too hoarse and really who datted out. Oops I think that's a tradmark infringement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saints playing football? Isn't that some sort of sacrilege? (Nothing personal. I'm just not that into Football). Hope your team wins. I'll be making soup and baking bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not into football either, but I'm pumped up about the Saints in the Super Bowl. I don't know if folks from other places understand that, for us, the game is about much more than football.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's hard to understand our madness, but for us The Game is bigger than the Battle of New Orleans (when people danced in the streets and sang "La Marseillaise" and "Yankee Doodle").

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I have a non Who dat?™ question. Is there any difference in the way they each pronounce their name?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, I believe that Jaime is a Spanish name and is pronounced nothing like Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it is. Both Jaime(I always thought Jaime was a man's name, but I see that now according to certain name sites it can be either.) and Jamie are forms of James. You can tell I am not a sports fan, if the only thing that attracts me is that these people are both named 'james.' I wonder what form of the name they will give to their first born.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder what form of the name they will give to their first born.

    Iago?

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.