Friday, March 19, 2010

FEAST OF ST. JOSEPH


St Joseph with the Infant Jesus, Guido Reni (c. 1635).

Readings:

Psalm 89:1-29 or 89:1-4,26-29;
2 Samuel 7:4,8-16;
Romans 4:13-18;
Luke 2:41-52

O God, who from the family of your servant David raised up Joseph to be the guardian of your incarnate Son and the spouse of his virgin mother: Give us grace to imitate his uprightness of life and his obedience to your commands; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.


I believe I can do no better than to urge you to click on over to Kirkepiscatoid to read her post on the feast of St. Joseph.

4 comments:

  1. Catherine in JapanMarch 21, 2010 at 2:49 AM

    I miss having zeppoles on St. Joseph's Day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherin, I've never had zeppoles. I looked them up. They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, as always, Mimi for the free advertising. My feed counter always gets a bunch of hits when you share the wealth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirke, I'm glad to hear it.

    Catherine, I'm sorry to have misspelled your name.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.