Wednesday, March 10, 2010

MAN OF THE HOUSE

The husband had just finished reading a new book entitled:

'YOU CAN BE THE MAN OF YOUR HOUSE.'

He stormed to his wife in the kitchen and announced: 'From now on, you need to know that I am the man of this house, and my word is Law. You will prepare me a gourmet meal tonight; and when I'm finished eating my meal, you will serve me a sumptuous dessert..

After dinner, you are going to go upstairs with me, and we will have the kind of sex that I want. Afterwards, you are going to draw me a bath so I can relax. You will wash my back and towel me dry and bring me my robe. Then, you will massage my feet and hands. Then tomorrow, guess who's going to dress me and comb my hair?'

The wife replied: 'The feckin' funeral director would be my first guess.'

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe no one has commented on this. I refrained, cos after all I don't have a husband who I want to kill, so I don't feel quite qualified to respond, but can I say I smirked to myself while reading this joke anyway? ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, no one commented before you, but it's one of my more popular pages by number of visits. Do you think that the language offended some folks? I cleaned up the original wording.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya Mimi, do you mean did people maybe not comment because they were offended by the language? I doubt it - not your readers, surely? I think the joke's sort of complete in itself, really - it's hard to think of anything to say that adds to what it says already. That would be my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, you're right. Not my readers.

    To change the subject, I am enjoying my Bach CD with Casals conducting the Prades Festival Orchestra. The second movement, the adagio, of the Concerto for Violin and Oboe in C minor is the one of the most beautiful slow dances between two instruments that I have ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know, Mimi, you've just reminded me I was going to buy this CD!! I said I was, but I think it just went on my (very long) wish list on Amazon of stuff to get. I should just go ahead and order it though, because I can remember saying to someone I wanted to get Casals playing the Bach cello concertos back when I was working part-time at a bookshop in Melbourne to pay for my then studies, which was, oooh, 1993?? It's been on my "wish list" for 17 years! I keep saying I'm going to get it and never do.

    The book on prayer you recommended hasn't quite arrived yet - I ordered a second-hand copy from the US. It should be any day now though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, I hope that you like the book. It surely resonated with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I have had running through my head pretty constantly this week is Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet, which I saw with some friends on Wednesday - I'd forgotten how moving it is, both the story and the music, and cried for quite a lot of it. So did my friends though, so that was fine. It is such gorgeous music.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.