Thursday, April 8, 2010

PLEASE PRAY FOR KATHY

A message from Kathy on Facebook:

Kathy Jensen
I have fractured my ankle in 2 places - slipped and fell in a rush to try to get to a lacrosse game. No orthopedic doctor was on call so after spending much of the night in the ER with the usual full house of people who cannot get any other kind of care, I just have a plastic splint and pain pills and have to call my internist in the morning to get a referral to an orthped dr. Stupid (me). Annoying (everything else).


Prayers for Kathy that her pain is not severe and that she heals quickly.

UPDATE: Elizabeth Kaeton said...
So sorry, KJ. If misery loves company, you've got it with me. I have apparently torn the rotater cuff in my left shoulder. I'm praying that physical therapy will help me avoid surgery. So, let's break out a bottle of wine and whine together.


Prayers for Elizabeth, too, please.

11 comments:

  1. Oh no - poor Kathy! Many prayers for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started prayers last night when I read about it. Poor Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry, KJ. If misery loves company, you've got it with me. I have apparently torn the rotater cuff in my left shoulder. I'm praying that physical therapy will help me avoid surgery. So, let's break out a bottle of wine and whine together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whine away, women, but watch the wine. You don't want another injury due to tipsiness. I hurt for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. prayers for Elizabeth too

    wv - shumbag - is this the word Elizabeth and Kathy will be using to describe some of the more conservative powers-that-be out there after they've finished off that bottle of wine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for to lovely women!

    (channeling Leonardo ;=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone. So sorry to hear about your injury, Elizabeth. It sounds painful. Hope you feel better soon and that you won't need surgery.

    I'm doing o.k. all things considered - the pain only really bothers me at night. Going with the pain meds for that. Wine and a whine now and then sound good for the future.

    The worst for me is being cooped up at home. But I've plenty of visitors, a wealth of good food brought in, and calls from the interim rector and the bishop. I am most grateful for all the prayers and help, but... it would be nice to get back to "normal" - whatever that used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, what is it? Six weeks? I suppose that's if you don't need surgery. I pray that you don't need surgery.

    It sounds as if you're being well cared for, but I know how frustrated you must be. Prayers continue, m'dear.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.