Saturday, May 1, 2010

PLEASE PRAY FOR JOE, JR. AND HIS FAMILY

From Jonathan (aka MadPriest):

Hi, June.

This is so sad.

As it involves Our Suzer, I think it's definitely a neighbourhood thing. Especially with tomorrow being Sunday.

Jonathan


From Suzer:

Jonathan

Will you please post a prayer request for my cousin, Cindy, her husband, Joe, and their two daughters, Morgan and Christina? Cindy and Joe's 5 year old son drowned today on a family fishing trip. Needless to say, our whole family is in shock and grief. Why such things happen, I will never know.

Their son, Joe Jr., was fondly known as Deuce. Last summer, she posted a video of him on YouTube, as he sang at a local baseball game.





Please pray for this family, as their grief is something I just can't imagine. There are no words.

Thank you,

Susan Hughes
(Suzer, at the now defunct "Wheel Inside the Wheel" blog)


There are no words, indeed, that speak to the grief of the family of this precious boy.

O God, whose beloved Son took children into his arms and blessed them: Give us grace to entrust Joe, Jr. (Deuce) to your never-failing care and love, and bring us all to your heavenly kingdom; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.


Most merciful God, whose wisdom is beyond our understanding: Deal graciously with Cindy, Joe, Morgan, Christina, and all who love Joe, Jr. in their grief. Surround them with your love, that they may not be overwhelmed by their loss, but have confidence in your goodness, and strength to meet the days to come; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

7 comments:

  1. It is so heartbreaking. I left a prayer there at MP's, I leave one here. There really are no words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave another message over here too.

    Prayers for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Book of Common Prayer is a lovely thing. So often, when I have no words, I find the words in the BCP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left one at MP's, and also @ the YT site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17oSqKyOD-c (I hope maybe the family will see it).

    But anyway: Loving Lord Christ, hold Deuce AND his loved ones close...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alas, very sad. Prayers for Deuce and the family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all, and Grandmere for posting. If I am walking around dazed, I can only imagine what Cindy and Joe are going through. They have asked for no phone calls at the moment, but we will be heading to Texas for the funeral. May God hold them in a loving embrace as they wander through this desert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzer, my heart goes out to them. I prayed for the family at church this morning, and I will continue to pray for them and for all who love Deuce, including you.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.