Thursday, July 22, 2010

GOLF PARTNERS

Sam is 90 years old. He's played golf every day since his retirement 35 years ago. But one day he arrives home looking downcast. "That's it," he tells his wife, "I'm giving up golf. My eyesight has become so bad that once I hit the ball I can't see where it went."

His wife sympathizes and makes him a nice cup of tea. As they sit down she says, "Why don't you take your old pal Steve, and give it one more try?"

"That's no good" sighs Sam, "Steve's a hundred and three. He can't help."

"He may be a hundred and three", says Sam's wife, "but his eyesight is perfect."

So the next day Sam heads off to the golf course with Steve. He tees up, takes a mighty swing, and squints down the fairway.

He turns to Steve and says, "Did you see the ball?"

"Of course I did!" replied Steve. "I have perfect eyesight".

"Where did it go?" says Sam.



"I don't remember."



Don't blame me. Blame Paul (A.).

I may have posted the joke before, but, if I did, I don't remember

PS: Have I told you that Paul (A.)'s wife is a lovely woman?

9 comments:

  1. Re your comment. . . I don't remember seeing the joke before. I think I remember your remark about Paul(A.)'s wife, but don't quote me on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have remarked repeatedly that Paul (A.)'s wife is a lovely woman. I am sure it is true. She must be, musn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm teasing Paul (A.) a bit. He well knows that his wife is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Grandmère Mimi is a lovely woman, also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Grandmère Mimi is a lovely woman, also.

    Paul(A.), words for my sidebar? Placed right below "a known raving revisionist". Take that, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen this joke before. It's a good 'un, though. Also, I think it was on OCICBW, not here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good joke!

    Paul (A.) and his wife are both fine folks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paul (A.) and his wife are both fine folks!

    Of course, Whiteycat. It's just that I have an irresistible urge to tease Paul (A.). Perhaps, it because he teases me. But I don't want to piss him off too much and dry up a source of good jokes.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.