Thursday, September 23, 2010

YOU CAN SEE IT NOW!

Steadfast love and faithfulness will meet;
righteousness and peace will kiss each other.
Faithfulness will spring up from the ground,
and righteousness will look down from the sky.

Psalm 85:10-11

As I read the readings from the Lectionary this afternoon, the words above from the psalm leapt out to me. I prayed, "O God, let it be!"

And the thought came to me, "It is! It is! You can see it all around you. Open your eyes. Amidst the evil, the suffering, the betrayals, all manner of perversions of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, you will see a host of the people of God (whether they know they are of God, or not) performing acts of love and faithfulness. You will see the works of the righteous and the bearers of peace risen from amidst the squalor and the turmoil. Look around and see!"

And I said, "Amen,"

10 comments:

  1. Aw, some GOOD NEWS, for a change. Thanks Mimi: needed that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen.

    The love of God passes all our understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you that my thought lifted me out of yesterday's gloom at the state of the world. A whisper from God perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a whisper from God, in fact more of a shout. I think you should post more of these, Mimi, whenever you get them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. True. The exclamation points would indicate more of a shout than a whisper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing your whisper from god! It brought tears to my eyes and helped me to open them and see the truth in your words despite much ugliness in my life right now.

    You are blessed and through that blessing have blessed many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Priscilla, your comment is a great blessing to me. I pray the ugliness in your life lessens, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.