Thursday, December 16, 2010

"DINE TO DONATE" FOR ST. MATTHEW'S CHURCH



Click on the images for the larger view.

If any of you live near Thibodaux or Houma or will be passing through, you may want to kill two birds, as they say, and have a meal at That Place! on a Wednesday and, at the same time, help with the rebuilding of St. Matthew's Episcopal Church and School. The church was completely destroyed by fire, and the fire spread to part of the school.

Here's the link to make a donation to St. Matthew's to help the congregation rebuild their church.

6 comments:

  1. Will the Houma Hottie be putting in an appearance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every Wednesday at the restaurant? I doubt it, Mona. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to donate, but it's a bank account, and I'm not so sure it's so easy to send money from the UK to the US. I wonder if they might accept Paypal? ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, I exchange emails with the church secretary. I could ask. Without the use of PayPal, it's difficult and costly to send money to a country with different currency.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea the church burned down. What a very sad thing. Where are you worshipping?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amelia, this is not my church.
    St. Matthew's is in Houma, LA, where you, Tom, and I went to eat lunch after church at St. John, my church.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.