Wednesday, December 22, 2010

RAIN OR SNOW?

A Russian couple were walking down the street in Moscow one night, when the man felt a drop hit his nose. "I think it's raining," he said to his wife.

She felt a drop also. "No, that felt more like snow to me," she replied.

"No, I'm sure it was just rain," he said.

Well, as these things go, they were about to have a major argument about whether it was raining or snowing. Just then they saw their local Communist Party official walking toward them. "Let's not fight about it," the man said, "Let's ask Comrade Rudolph whether it's officially raining or snowing".

As the official approached, the man asked, "Please tell us, Comrade Rudolph, is it officially raining or snowing?"

"Da; it's raining, of course," he replied, and walked on.

But the woman insisted: "I know that felt just like snow!" to which the man quietly replied:

"Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear".

Don't blame me. Blame Paul (A.).

I leave it to you, my readers, to decide what Paul (A.)'s punishment should be, because, as I see it, a simple dismissal from the stage is far too lenient.

15 comments:

  1. Several winters hard labor in Siberia?

    We ARE talking the other Paul, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was horsewhipping. My second was tarring and feathering. but I'm willing to take hard labor in Siberia under advisement.

    For the other Paul, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That joke was beyond groaning. Siberia sounds about right to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul(A.) has been strangely silent here of late. I think we should welcome him back as we groan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh . . . how about banishment to New Jersey? Or is that too severe?

    Ms. Paul (A.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No. Just . . . no.

    That's twice in one day I've had that joke.

    No.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whiteycat, Paul (A.) is a busy and important attorney. We should be honored that he pays us any attention at all.

    Catherine, your New Jersey is far too nice a place to count as any kind of punishment.

    Mark, let the jokes wash over you, and keep in mind that there is nothing new under the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paul(A.) has been strangely silent here of late

    My theory is he has been in Siberia as a direct result of a previous joke.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy, it could be. Poor Catherine. She will miss Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, Cathy, last time you were all for tarring and feathering, rather than sending me to Siberia.

    wv = vatisi
    (makes you feel so good)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I was. Perhaps this time however we could combine the two punishments and carry out the tarring and feathering in Siberia, given that you have slipped this same joke to us twice, Paul? ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's NOT the same joke.

    And one's for Hannukah and the other for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I shall leave your punishment up to Mimi then, Paul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now It's Christmas Eve, and I'm not in the mood to punish anyone. Paul get's off free, then. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.