Monday, December 6, 2010

XMAS GIFTS FOR THOSE WHO LOVE THE BRITISH ROYALS


The British royal family in 1968.

From the Telegraph.

Queen's undergarments' to be auctioned

The monogrammed item reportedly came into the possession of notorious Miami playboy named 'Baron' Joseph de Bicske Dobronyi more than 40 years ago, according to the celebrity website TMZ.

He received the garment from a friend after it was left on a private plane used when the queen visited Chile in 1968.

After Dobronyi's death in June aged 88, his estate began planning to auction off the royal garment which is expected to sell for £6,000.

If you must, you can see a photo of the knickers at the TMZ website, but I advise you not to look. I think how I'd feel having my much less elegant used undies displayed to the eyes of the world.

Thanks to Ann for pointing me to the story. In the subject line of her email was "TMI". Indeed!

And the next item:


 

 
Click on the text to enlarge.

From ACORN Online.

12 comments:

  1. Oh I like the waving Queen


    wv ingenia

    ReplyDelete
  2. After viewing Elvis' underwear on display in a small Elvis museum in Buena Vista, Georgia, (I don't even want to get into what I happened to be doing there.) I decided that I hoped never to be so famous that someone would want to display my undies postmortem. That would be humiliating enough, but poor Queen Elizabeth is still living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I don't even want to get into what I happened to be doing there.)

    But we do, BooCat.

    Yes. The queen is still living. She should get an award for grace in handling embarrassment. I hear she has a sense of humor. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen a waving queen, but Publix had an electronic singing dreidel.

    I almost got it, but then I would've had to get the electric menorah, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As they say, one thing leads to another. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the juxtaposition!

    Göran, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this, I have forwarded the ACORN site to all my work colleagues and informed them how dissapointed I would be not to receive a waving queen for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. TheMe, let me know if none of your colleagues obliges, and I will buy it for you in the after-Christmas sale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the waving Queen too. I think though she should have a crown with a light in it that flashes on and off, like some of those statues of the Virgin Mary that you can get.

    wv - lamprop - yes, one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A crown with a light in it? I don't think so, Cathy. That would be tacky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also think she should come with a full set of Tupperware containers for her breakfast and a couple of wind-up mini corgis that shuffle across the table making an annoying whirring noise.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.