Thursday, December 9, 2010

"YOU'VE BEEN ELEVATED TO DANGEROUS WOMAN STATUS"


As I perused my J. Peterman Owner's Manual, the item above caught my eye, not for myself, but as suitable especially for formal wear for clergy women. Picture the Cutaway Tuxedo Blazer, at $249, with a fine black silken clergy shirt, and fashionable black silk trousers in fabric of a heavier texture, and a clergy collar with a row of small, discreet rhinestones. Voila! The perfect formal attire for the dangerous clergy woman.

Since I believe in inclusivity, I'd not wish to restrict the wearing of the Cutaway Tuxedo Blazer to clergy woman. Without the clergy shirt and collar, the blazer is suitable for any of us dangerous women, as the manual says, "with a lacy cami underneath".

Wait! Is there such a garment as a as a lacy clergy shirt? How about black lace over black silk? If no such shirt is to be had, make your own, or have your seamstress do the job, and be the first to wear the lacy, silky clergy shirt for dangerous clergy women, along with the rhinestone-studded collar, topped off with the Cutaway Tuxedo Blazer.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you, Mimi! I'm pretty sure someone out there finds me dangerous. I shall put this on my Christmas list. Along with the butler, the rhinestone studded collar, and that drink.


    WV: trytvnes. I think that is a typo. Should be trytvness. Which I could certainly do once I acquire this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, I added the price to the post, as I meant to originally. Surely someone loves you $249 worth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should send this one to Peace Bang

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wv was "menti" is that student of a mentor?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant. I wish I had the figure for it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, I emailed the link to Peace Bang. Poor baby. She's defending her dissertation today. Say a prayer for her.

    IT, I think you could carry it off, m'dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for almost Dr. Peace Bang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, as one of the most dangerous women in the Anglican Communion, I think this is going on my Christmas Wish List. A bit late, yes, but we live in sure and certain hope.

    Prayers for Rev'd PeaceBang.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elizabeth, you'd look splendid in the tuxedo blazer. I can just see you - with your Portuguese coloring....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perhaps Wippel would make the Lace over silk clergy shirt. It would be a sellout over there in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, I'll bet Wippell would stock them in a heartbeat. Should I patent my idea for the shirt?

    JCF, I don't want to be a pope!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, darlings!! I successfully defended my dissertation yesterday!

    RHINESTONE STUDDED COLLAR!?

    Oh, that is DE TROP. Send photos if you actually do it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dr Peace Bang, that's great news about your dissertation.

    You'll be at the top of my list for photos if I do IT!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.