Monday, January 24, 2011

"BLOGGER LIFE"

This isn't actually about any specific issue at the moment, but one ongoing thing is that often people perceive my failure to comment on issue X as some sort of...well, I don't know, as meaningful in some way. Sometimes I just don't really have anything to say.

Atrios
at Eschaton.

Ah yes. Me, too, but I'd add that sometimes I have something to say, but I don't have time to address the issue.

And Atrios' blog has held on to its vast numbers of comments in the face of Facebook. Why his comments ARE a virtual Facebook! Check them out. How does he do it?

4 comments:

  1. Are bloggers fetishing #s of comments, hits?

    people perceive my failure to comment on issue X as some sort of...well, I don't know, as meaningful in some way. Sometimes I just don't really have anything to say.

    Are bloggers doing this w/ their readers as well? O_o

    ReplyDelete
  2. JCF, I try very hard not to pay attention to numbers, but I do like comments, because I like the conversations.

    I also try to respond to every comment. I don't succeed in the endeavor, but I do make the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we comment to keep you busy and off the streets (lest you halt traffic with a walker).

    [I love the conversations too.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, one day, I will halt traffic with my walker, on purpose, although it seems somewhat of a risky game, considering the numbers of drivers on the road with advanced cases of road rage.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.