Thursday, March 31, 2011

BOSCO WRITES WHILE WARY

Says Bosco Peters at Liturgy:
I have tended to be wary about devoting much energy to the Anglican “Covenant” here. I do not see much value in debates that generate more heat than light. We can so easily get distracted – making majors out of minors…

But then Bosco goes on to devote a little energy to the Anglican Covenant, not a lot, just a little. And I, who have blathered on and on about the covenant, have said nothing even one tenth as excellent, clear, to the point, and which covers as many bases as Bosco does in his post. It seems there is much to be said for writing while wary. I'll have to try it some time. Please read Bosco's post.

12 comments:

  1. Grandmère Mimi, I love you.

    Bosco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandmère is correct (as usual).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bosco, I love you back, m'dear. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems there is much to be said for writing while wary. I'll have to try it some time.

    Mimi, your judgement has always struck me as impeccable on most issues, wary or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel to much of an outsider to Anglicanism now to read much about the Covenant. It's so offputting, all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, you are too kind, but I love it.

    The quality of the writing in the text is certainly less than first-rate, and there is a whiff of insincerity about it, of beating around the bush, that also puts me off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems there is much to be said for writing while wary. I'll have to try it some time.

    Don't bother. If you think people come here for stale, reasoned debate, then you should book yourself in to the home for the bewildered straight away.

    People come here for your passion. People go to "Liturgy" (a fine website) for information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you think people come here for stale, reasoned debate, then....

    MadPriest, I know you meant to compliment me, but you've destroyed the meaning of my life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you've destroyed the meaning of my life.

    Wow! Does that mean you're going to stop trying to reform me?

    ReplyDelete
  10. MadPriest, I stopped trying to reform you some time ago. I thought you'd notice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, excuse me for not knowing the difference between reforming nagging and non-reforming nagging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When was the last time I nagged you? Cathy and I still have not had a glimpse of your photos of our trip to Scotland, which, if you remember, was in August of last year. Have I nagged you about that, MadPriest?

    You can count this comment as a small nag.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.